Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bitter

I feel like it's been a long time since I last blogged for whomever is actually reading my rants. I've thought about it, just really been too lazy to want to do anything about it. Instead I have enjoyed reading a massive amount of books at a rapid rate (every hold I had came into the library in one week!) and continued my job seeking endeavors. Oh, and I got what I assume was probably the swine flu because it's been in my body for over 2 weeks now. With that said....

I finally had a job interview! After spending the last year and a half with no luck I was thrilled to get an e-mail that didn't begin with "Thank you for your interest in Company XY, however...." Seriously, I actually got a letter from one potential employer that told me they decided to go with someone else for the position I applied for, and wait this is good, "any other positions currently available." Ha. Interview went well, I rocked it of course. It couldn't have come at a better time either, with the holidays approaching I am battling the depression that comes from the inability to buy anything, for me or others.

It has become a regular thing for me now to drive down my beloved streets of upper NW Portland and know that I cannot afford anything there anymore. Where I used to sit and have $15 desserts and $20 dinner plates after a delightful afternoon of shopping is now where I sit (for a $1.50 coffee) and watch everyone walk by laughing and enjoying a glorious afternoon with shopping bags in their hands. It's sad when you can't even afford to thrift shop anymore too. I budget Taco Bell for fricks sake. Over it. So over it.

2 comments:

  1. Come on! Keep writing! Some people enjoy reading your blog and I'm one of them!

    ReplyDelete