Friday, July 9, 2010

2 kids, a cat and a dog

After what I like to call 'Facebook stalking' my friends, their friends and old friends that I forgot I had (okay, sounding like a creeper), I feel like a bit if either a black sheep or a wild child. Depends on how you look at it. You see, while a good 90% of the people I stalked are married with kids, pregnant or showing off pics of their recent wedding albums, I am not. In fact, my posts are so far from that. I am showing off my nice tan in an assortment of travel and party pics and laughing hysterically about the night before while my other dear friends are posting all about how little Joey just took his first poop in the toilet like a big boy or how teenie tiny Tiffany just ate a lemon for the first time and made a silly face (um, duh, it's a frickin lemon).

Don't get me wrong, I am not bitter. I want my life and I am happy they enjoy theirs. I just feel like, wow, I am soooo not there yet. Do I want kids? Sure, maybe someday. Do I want to be married? Heck yes, sounds like a blast. Do I want a house in the burbs? Hell no. Do I want an SVU? Only if it's to load my friends up for a road trip. I guess I just have to come to terms with the fact that I may be a little different than my "typical" friends back home, and that's okay. Just please, please, please my lovely little Susie Homemakers, stop telling me "it must be nice." Cause you know what? It is. Its bloody lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment