Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Excuse me miss...

In the panic that is prepping to be on the road for nearly a year, I found myself sitting at the DMV for over an hour waiting to get my driver's license renewed. First and foremost, I feel the need to comment on the lack of English being used at the DMV. I mean, damn it's a good thing I speak Spanish. Don't get me wrong, I am all about diversity, the use of other languages in the melting pot that is the United States, but come on here. If all the instructions, road signs and the like are in English, then shouldn't the instruction to follow them be in English? I don't know, just sayin...

Anyways, off track here. As I mentioned, I was sitting in the office for over an hour, just chilling and being patient, smiling at people and such without a clue that the entire time my top was completely unbuttoned. Yes, I was exposing myself right there for who knows how long. The thing that gets me is that nobody felt the desire to tell me this. Not the nice older woman sitting next to me, the lovely lady at the counter who helped me. Nobody. I mean, what is wrong with people nowadays? I feel like I am always letting people know when they have food in their teeth, toilet paper on their shoe, their fly is down, or their skirt is tucked into their undies. Either I am just overly aware or way too polite. But hey, at least I have a nice rack and a pretty bra.

No comments:

Post a Comment