Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On the road again...

I am officially beyond proud of myself. After many years of traveling about, I think I have mastered the art of the packing job. I am shocked that with my first shot at a packing list and my first attempt at a "mock-pack" everything fit! For once I have no ridiculous emotional attachment to that stupid sweater I never wear, but may need of course, or that one skirt that wouldn't go with anything but I just love too much to part with. Now believe me, I am nowhere close to being able to pack just one pair of shoes or roll around like a smelly hippie with dreadlocks and one dingy white button up with brown cordoroy pants. I still need me some comfort clothes of sorts. Like my jewelry and every bra that I own. Of course I overpack on the undies too. You just never know, and dirty undies are so far from okay.

So with one bag (one!) and a carry-on, I am venturing off to spend the next 11 months on the road representing one of the best Oregon brands ever - Tillamook Cheese people! Hopefully the constant access to incredible cheese will not increase the size of my already bootilicious figure - I may have packed well but have no space for XXL size clothing by any means. I did pack my workout clothes, and unlike previous trips I didn't take them out last minute to make space for another dress and pair of heels. I feel so grown-up :)

Adios Portland, Oregon! See you in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment