Tuesday, December 15, 2009

That's so wrong

I feel like I border on being highly inappropriate at times. I only verge on this though, so I may actually still be okay. For example, the other night I was volunteering at an emergency warming shelter for the Red Cross (we were below frigid here in P-Town for a week straight) and as I was sitting in a dark little corner watching a rather large group of homeless folks sleep, I felt the sudden urge to just scream at the top of my lungs. Did I? No people. That would be what we call inappropriate. However, the very fact that this crossed my mind as something that would be funny to do slightly concerns me. I mean, come on, it's quiet, everyone is asleep, their reaction could be hilarious as they wake up suddenly and think "what the f*ck?!" and then there I am in the corner laughing hysterically to the point of tears....or, um, maybe not.

I had another moment of this stupidity while sitting in my sexual harassment training today for the new job. For some reason all I wanted to do during the class and afterwards was say something so full-blown wrong and sexually inappropriate. I couldn't help looking around the room at everyone and wondering if I am the only weirdo who has these thoughts running through my Check Spellingobviously overactive mind. I guarantee I am not. I would like to think there are many other closet dorks out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment