Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cacti, wine and cheese

I have arrived! The first stop on the cheese tour has rolled into Tucson, Arizona ready to rock. Although upon arrival I have begun to question my real maturity level, mainly due to the fact that I laugh at cacti, I still smile and point up in the air when a plane goes overhead (yay for me we are staying next door to the U.S Air Force base!) and I have had conversations with certain someones that have me questioning my emotional maturity levels at times. Too funny I am, really. On the other hand, I make up for it with my consistently stocked wine selection, dinner making abilities for the whole crew (and one lunch packed for a crew member so far) and my need to make sure nobody is hungry, thirsty or lacking in basic necessities like aspirin. Ask me how much I care about their needs 3 months into this tour. I may be telling everyone to bite me and walk to the Walmart or Denny's if they need anything.

Basically our days consist of driving to stores, rolling out our killer little buses, popping a tent and telling people how much our cheese is the best ever and having them munch on the goodness. After that's done we cruise back to the hotel, decompress, drink wine, eat dinner, work out (okay, done this once so far but it's only the first week) and then get cozy in our king size beds and sleep. Not too shabby. Looking forward to our day off on Tuesday cause we are going hiking up in the mountains. Thanks to the local news channel this morning I am now armed with the knowledge that jeans are best to wear when hiking here due to the massive amount of rattle snakes. Umm...sweet.

I now must go see who wants to grab some tacos with me. Found a fabulous taco shack down the street that is on the corner of Mexico and Gangster Avenues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment