Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Colombia Part 3: Geeks and such

What to share...what to share... Well, we arrived in Cartagena, got our accomodations settled and headed out for Indian food, because we like to live on the edge. We were the first into the restaurant located on a narrow, crowded street in the Cartagena hood of Getsemani, however our gringa scents must have attracted all the whities because it was soon crowded with many others. Wiffs of shit flowing in made the experience that much better. Mmmm....

En route to Cartagena from Santa Marta I gave my Facebook info to a 12 year old Cost Rican boy. Looking forward to seeing how that goes. Perhaps I can adopt hahaha

Pissed off the cab driving upon arriving something fierce. He really seemed put off by my insisting on the ride being 3 thousand pesos less than his origional price offered. Um, he didn't have to let us into his crap cab ya know! Funny though, I laughed when I told him the exact street and he gave me a sideways staredown for a good 10 seconds. What a turd.

Staying at the Hotel Holiday where I have been before and sharing a room with Katie and a lady from Australia named Mandi. She cracks us up with her wild stories and Aussie lingo. She looks like the typical seasoned travelor with her short gray hair, flowing dress over pants and assortments of great ethnic jewelry.

By the way, in case you didn't all know, it is totally socially acceptable as a travelor to rock the loungpaints and jogging shorts with your flip flops and fanny packs. You can in fact maintain your sexiness. It's true, I have found many a hot guy to be wearing this dork outfit and yet it doesn't phase me. In the U.S this nerd wouldn't get the time of day of course, but the foreign accents pops them from a 3 to a solid 7 on the scale, if you know what I mean - and I bet you do!

Off to soak in mudbaths of a volcano tomorrow before taking the night bus to Medellin - cannot wait to see the former drug capitol-turned artsy city! You will here more about this I guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment